Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in Design
Wed, Jan 17, 2018, 10:00 AM - Fri, Jan 19, 2018, 05:30 PM
@BIEC, 10th Mile Tumkur
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) system eliminates ambiguities in engineering drawings and brings out the designer’s intent very clearly. It ensures seamless communication between design, engineering, manufacturing and quality teams across the entire organization enabling them working in a concurrent engineering environment. In the competitive industrial scenario prevailing today, proper application of GD&T system helps the companies to reduce the manufacturing and inspection costs.
This training program will
- Focus on understanding the system of GD&T and the methods of applying it in real time design by using case studies, examples and exercises.
- Cover the philosophies of how, when, and where to apply geometrics along with common sense tips for producing quality parts
- Provide a solid grounding in the fundamentals of geometric tolerancing based on the latest ASME Y14.5-2009 Standard
KEY TAKE AWAYS
At the end of course, participants will be able to understand -
- Importance of applying correct GD&T on drawings
- Important GD&T terms and definitions
- Relationship of geometric characteristic and feature types such as RFS, MMC and LMC conditions and calculate bonus tolerance
- Inspection of GD&T features using conventional, CMM's & Functional gauges
- Application of GD&T controls for new product development using case studies.
- ASME Y14.5M standard rules for practice
The course is suited for beginners as well as experienced professionals with no prior or minimal GD&T experience, who are looking to get an in-depth knowledge and grip on best practices in GD&T and the ASMEY14.5M-2009 standard, OR are aiming for ASME GDTP Technologist Certification.
At the end of this course the participants will also attempt a mock test based on ASME GDTP - “Body of Knowledge” Guide to prepare individuals for ASME GDTP-Technologist certification exam. The answer Key will also be provided to all participants after completion of Mock test, for self-evaluation.