Sun, Jul 09, 2017, 03:00 PM - Sun, Jul 09, 2017, 06:00 PM
Nestled in the verdant and peaceful environs of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the Kanheri Buddhist Caves are a treasure trove of history. Kanheri is one of the largest cave complexes in India with more than 100 caves. The walk will cover some of the major caves in the complex which are significant from the historical and architectural point of view like Caves 1,2,3,4,5,11,41 and 90.
Come and join us.
This guided tour is for free.
• Date – Sunday, 9th July 2017
• Duration-9.30 am-12.30 pm. Meeting time- 8.45 am
• Meeting Point –Main Entrance Gate of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
• Nearest Railway Station – Borivali
• Walk led by –Sneha Nagarkar
Things to keep in mind:
*Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
(Step 1- Please like and share the page to register.
Step 2- Fill the form to confirm your registration
Link to registration form- https://goo.gl/Sz3QLc )
After the online registration, do inform through a text message or an email, before the walk, if you are unable to attend it.
Contact at:9920679409, Email us -firstname.lastname@example.org
• Participants will have to purchase the entry tickets to the Sanjay Gandhi National Park (approximately Rs. 48/- per head), bus tickets to Kanheri Caves (approximately Rs. 48/- per head (one way) and entry tickets to the Kanheri Caves (Rs. 15/- per head)
• Entry fee for cars is Rs 161/- per car
• Rickshaws, taxis (black and yellow, Ola, Uber etc) are not allowed inside the park.
• Parking space available at the foot of the caves.
• Photography allowed.
• Footwear should be suitable for the monsoon season. Avoid high heels. Carry water.