Sat, Jul 26, 2014, 01:30 PM - Wed, Aug 06, 2014, 03:30 PM
TOUR DATES: 26TH JULY 2014 - 6TH AUGUST 2014
COST PER PERSON: Rs.28500/-
NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE: SIX
- Travel via the famous Manali – Leh route, one of the must-experience road journeys in the country,crossing the Rohtang Pass
- Camp near the Tsomoriri Lake, the largest of the High Altitude Lakes located entirely within India. This lake, surrounded by 6000 m peaks, is almost like an inland sea and is famous for its sheer tranquillity
- Visit the picturesque village of Turtuk in the Indo-Pakistan border. Turtuk is part of erstwhile Baltistan and was recaptured by the Indian Army in 1971
- Cycle down the famous KhardongLa Pass, known as the Highest Motorable road in the World
- Enjoy the slopes of the incredible White sand dunes and a Double Humped Bacterian camel ride in Nubra
- Feel the chills and thrills as you Raft in the Zanskar river surrounded by the highest mountain ranges in the world
- Overnight stay under a starlit sky in Deluxe camps near the beautiful Pangong Lake located at the Indo-Tibetan border. One can experience the various hues of the color changing lake as the day goes by.
JULY 26TH: On arrival at Manali bus stop, you will be received by our representative and would be commuted to your Hotel in the beautiful Solang valley, where you will be checked in for rest and overnight stay. If interested, you can enjoy Paragliding and Zorbing activities here. Overnight stay at Hotel in Solang.
JULY 27TH: After breakfast, we begin our drive towards Jispa (approx. 5 hours). The drive starts slowly winding up mountain roads till Rohtang Pass at 3,950 Mts. This high altitude road beyond the great Himalayan range connects the densely fertile and green Kullu valley to the stark barren region of Ladakh. On entering the Lahaul valley we see a distinct change with the Hindu influence being replaced with the Buddhist religion. Overnight stay in Deluxe Camps in Jispa.
JULY 28TH: After breakfast, we begin our drive towards Tsomoriri Lake (approx. 7 hours). Enroute, we shall visit Tsokar Lake, meaning White lake because of the salt deposited around it. Tsokar is situated at an altitude of 4530m above sea level and is surrounded by extensive areas of fresh and saline marshes and wet meadows, which host varieties of water birds.
From here, there is a drive full of beautiful landscapes on the way to Tsomoriri Lake. This Tranquil lake is the largest of the High Altitude Lakes in the Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region that are located entirely within India. Overnight stay in Deluxe Camps at Korzok village, one of the most remote and high altitude settlements in Ladakh.
JULY 29TH: After breakfast, we drive towards Leh crossing Mahe Bridge (approx. 6 hours) on the way. We stop by Chumatang Hot Sulphur springs for picnic lunch. We continue our drive and end our journey in Leh, where you will be received by our representative and checked into your Guesthouse. Overnight stay in Leh.
JULY 30TH: Full day sightseeing of Leh, wherein we shall the famous Thiksey Monastery, famous for its 49 ft High statue of Maitreya Buddha, covering two storeys of the building. Later, we shall visit Stok palace and a 200 year old traditional Ladakhi house to get a glimpse of the local lifestyle and get to enjoy a cup of Butter tea, a ladakhi beverage.
Evening, we visit the Hall of Fame (a glorious museum built by the Indian Army) and Shanti Stupa (which provides panoramic views of the surrounding landscape). Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Leh.
JULY 31ST: After breakfast, drive to Turtuk in Nubra Valley (approx. 7 hours) via Khardungla Pass (18380 feet) –the Highest Motorable Road in the World. Nubra Valley is also known as the ‘Valley of Flowers’ and lies at an average altitude of 10,000 feet above sea level.
After a brief halt, we continue our drive to Turtuk village located in Baltistan, near the Indo-Pakistan border. The border village, which forms part of the famed Silk Route used to belong to Pakistan, until it was recaptured by the Indian Army in 1971.
Baltistan is culturally, linguistically and historically different from Ladakh though closely linked. The landscape here is different too, dramatically narrow valleys and close steep mountains, unlike Central Ladakh and Nubra. The people in Turtuk are predominantly Balti Muslims who cultivate wheat, buckwheat, apricots and tomatoes in the fertile soil churned by the tributaries of the turbulent Shayok River. Evening free to explore the picturesque village. Overnight stay at Deluxe Camps in Turtuk.
AUG 1ST: After breakfast, we shall leave Turtuk and drive to Hunder village (approx. 2 hours) where you will be checked into your Hotel on arrival. Later, we shall visit Diskit Monastery. One can see an impressive 32 metre (106 feet) Maitreya Buddha statue on top of a hill below the monastery facing the Shyok River. Other attractions include the White Sand dunes and Camel Safari on the double humped camels which are found only in Nubra. Overnight stay at Hotel in Diskit.
AUG 2ND: After breakfast, we shall visit the Panamik Hot springs at Panamik and Samstemling Gompa at Sumur.
On the way back to Leh, we stop by at Khardungla Pass. From here, we Cycle back to Leh amidst a backdrop of spectacular scenary stretching from the Indus valley in the South over the endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range to the giants of the Saser Massif in the North. You can feel proud of a true achievement as you finish the trip with your final satisfying descent. Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Leh.
AUG 3RD: Rafting from Chilling to Nimo in Zanskar river (Level 3 plus) Duration: approx 2 ½ Hours. This is the most cherished rafting option in Ladakh. After hot lunch at Nimo, we drive to Leh. Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Leh.
AUG 4TH: After breakfast, you shall drive to the beautiful crystal clear, color-changing high altitude lake, the Pangong lake (approx. 5 hours) located next to the China border via Changla pass. This lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Overnight stay at Deluxe Camps near lakeside.
AUG 5TH: After breakfast, you shall drive back to Leh. Evening free to explore. Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Leh.
AUG 6TH: Early morning drive to Leh airport for onward journey to Delhi with memories of a lifetime!
Trip Price is valid up to March 2015 only and includes:
• Manali Bus stop pickup
• Leh Airport drop
• Chauffeur driven transportation and sightseeing excursions from Manali – Jispa – Tsomoriri - Leh in One Non AC SUV(Xylo/Innova)
• Chauffeur driven transportation and sightseeing excursions in Ladakh in One Non AC SUV (Xylo/Innova)
• Accommodation in (Three Double Rooms) at all places in A class Hotel in Manali and Nubra; A class Guesthouse in Leh; Deluxe Camps in Jispa, Tsomoriri, Turtuk and Pangong as applicable in the itinerary
• Meals on an MAP basis (Breakfast + Dinner) at Manali, Jispa, Tsomoriri, Turtuk, Nubra & Pangong ; And on a CP basis (Breakfast plan) basis at Leh
• Rafting excursion in Zanskar river ( including rafting gear, equipments, safety gears/kits and accompanied by a Highly experienced team). Hot lunch at Nimo
• Exclusive Cycling expedition (with a Mountain bikes, helmets, first aid kits and back-up vehicle)
• Government Environmental fees
• Price includes Inner permit charges required for restricted areas of Tsomoriri, Turtuk, Nubra and Pangong. Guests are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them. Foreign Tourists should bring their original Passport with a valid Indian Visa on it.
• All applicable taxes
• Medical & Travel insurance
• International/Domestic airfare/ Train fare/ Bus fare
• Personal items like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc
• Room heaters
• Extra meals(not included in the tour cost) / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the accommodations
• Additional costs for accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
• Entrance fees/tickets in monasteries/palaces /museums/boat rides
• Camel ride at Nubra
• Transportation costs for any other excursions not included in the itinerary
Terms & Conditions:
• We hold the right to alter the tour schedule in case of bad weather & other conditions beyond our control that might affect the normal itinerary.
• Minimum 30% advance payment is required to book the trip on definite basis and balance payments to be cleared before departure from Ladakh.
• The meals at the accommodations are Buffet with mix of Veg & Non Veg dishes. In case of pure veg meals (No onion/no garlic) advance intimation is must.
• Meals at the accommodations or other services not utilized during the tour shall be not liable for any kind of refund from the tour price.
• In case of cancellation of your participation due to any reason, we request you to please intimate us about the same at the earliest. Please find below our refund policy for the same.
Cancellation & Refund policy:
One month before tour commencement = 100% refund of the advance amt
Between one month – 15 days before tour commencement = 75% refund of the advance amt
Between 15 days – one week before tour commencement = 50% refund of the advance amt
Within one week before tour commencement = no refund is possible
How to Book this Tour with us:
You can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-9052172880 to reserve your seats for this Tour. Please note: Minimum 30% advance payment is required to book the trip on definite basis and balance payments to be cleared before departure from Leh.
How to get in touch with us:
For any queries/requirements, please call us at +91-9052172880/ mail us at email@example.com. We can also organize Customized Tours based on your convenient dates, interests and requirements.
Peace n Cheers,
Take a Break Tours