Sat, May 27, 2017, 01:00 PM - Sat, May 27, 2017, 03:00 PM
Exploring the ‘City of Djinns’- Kotla Feroz Shah
This capital city of the Tughlaq Dynasty with the stories and legends from its past and present never fails to amaze visitors. Built by Sultan Feroz Shah Tughlaq in 14th Century AD, today the fort is in ruins but houses some of the most interesting monuments of Delhi such as the palace complex, Jama Masjid, a three tiered pyramidal structure with an Ashokan Pillar of 3rd Century BC and a circular baoli (stepwell) surrounded by a garden. This walk will also focus on the ‘great builder’, Feroz Shah Tughlaq and his various construction projects and details of Tughlaq architecture.
This guided tour is for free.
• Date – Saturday, 27th May, 2017
• Duration- 7:30 am to 9:30 am. Meeting time- 7: 15 am
• Meeting Point –Outside the ticket counter of Kotla Feroz Shah complex, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
• Nearest Metro station- ITO
• Walk led by -Moby Sara Zachariah
Things to keep in mind:
*Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Step 1- Please like and share the page to register.
Step 2- Fill the form to confirm your registration
Link to registration form- https://goo.gl/5btTaq
After the online registration, do inform through a text message or an email, before the walk, if you are unable to attend it.
Contact us at: 9810826158, Email us -email@example.com
*Parking facilities available outside the complex.
* Entry fee to the fort- Rs 15 (Indians) and Rs 250 (Foreigners) to be purchased by participant.
• Photography allowed.
• Wear comfortable shoes and carry water. Wear full pants as Jama Masjid might not allow people in shorts.