A Night with the Stars
Sat, Mar 25, 2017, 11:00 PM - Sun, Mar 26, 2017, 01:30 PM
Third Eye Explorers
Organiser : Third Eye Explorers
Mumbai - Maharashtra
Welcome to the wonders of Universe, Join us for Astro-Camping this time.
Nothing better than a totally blank night of No Moon Night, Cool Camping & mountain range surrounding making the perfect destination for Star Gazing & Astro Photography. From the Experts learn about Exploring the Constellations, their identification with the help of Star Map, Binoculars & Telescopes.... Learn Night Sky Photography Techniques. Shoot beautiful Milky Way & Star trails above the dark mountains. Local food & accommodation under starry night... The Perfect Weekend Getaway, so bring your family, children & friends along and acquire skills that will enable you to enjoy stargazing for the rest of your life.
Date: 25th Mar 2017 (Saturday Night)
Location: Safale, Tandulwadi Village (18°35’13.0″N 73°18’26.4″E)
All Amateur & Novice Users can join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way, galaxy etc. NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of astronomy is necessary for this.
Night Sky Gazing Schedule:
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 5:30pm
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Registrations, Selfie Photos, Group Photo Session
7:00 – 7:30 pm – Session 1 – Introduction & West Sky Objects, Satellite Tracking & Astronomy Awareness Video Program
8:00 – 9:00 pm – Session 2 – Night Sky Orientation – Locating North Star and Directions.
9:00 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time (On-Site Delicious Dinner)
10:30 – 11:30pm – Session 3 – Constellations, Orion Nebula, Open Clusters and Galaxies and Jupiter
11:30 – 00:30 – Astrophotography (No Lights)
12:00 – 03:00 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/ Tablet/ Mobile Batteries
3:00 – 4:30 am – Session 4 – Milkyway Galaxy & Saturn
4:30 am – Tea Break
5:00 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – ISS, Satellite, Iridium Flares Tracking & Crescent Moon
6:30 – Sun Rise
7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
8:00 am – Event Closure
Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with experts for informal discussion. Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join again for observations. We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
- 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
- Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
- Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
- Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
- EQ1 Manual – 75mm & 80mm Scope
Event Charges: Adult 1600/- and Child (above 5 Yrs to 14 Yrs) 1300/-
- Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charges
- Delicious Dinner (Dhaba Type) & Breakfast
- Tent for 2 or 3 Person
- Tea & Drinking Water available
- Travel cost to & fro Saphale station – Campsite
Please WhatsApp post RSVP on +91 9819155259 for further details & booking
- Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
- Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
- Region & District: Saphale
- Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx
- Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx
- Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx
If Driving: Take Mumbai – Ahmedabad Highway – Vasai – Virar – Khandiwade Toll – VEGAS Township – Take Left at Varai Bridge – Tandulwadi Village – Sai Baba Mandir.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at this campsite. As this is a spl. Educative Camping, Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
- Ladies/Family, please contact us if you wish to know the details of female Night Sky Gazer participant, because many female/family do not RSVP but directly call us and confirm.
- Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
- No refund on cancellation from the participant.